Pierre Dukan's dietary and nutritional dictionary
Each month there is a detailed listing on healthy foods and nutrients for you to discover.
Dukan and nutrition
Detoxifying foods and elements
Consumed as actual natural foods, detoxifying foods and elements, most often considered "détox" foods, allow the body to eliminate excess toxins that have accumulated in the body, usually caused by an overly excessive diet.
Vegetables, plant-based products and more: discover the world of detox elements that are more or less well-known.
Over-industrialization of food and an abundance of products too rich in refined sugars or fats encourage people to consume these "poison" foods and over-consume products that, during digestion, cause an accumulation of toxins in the body (especially in the liver, which is a purifying organ).
These "poison" foods are refined sugar, fats, alcohol, etc ...
When and for what reason?
It is highly recommended to opt for 10 day detox cures, at the beginning of autumn or during spring to "recalibrate" the body.
remove toxins, purify the body (the liver, kidneys, intenstines, lymphatic system) and return to a healthy diet rich in fibre to improve transit and move towards a better healthy life.
Here are some detox options for you to try:
- Before starting the Dukan diet, follow this month's file action plan.
- While following the Dukan Diet: you must strictly abide by the principles of the method, there the phase that you are currently following, all the while by focusing on the following products such as Goji berries and organic birch sap.
Detox foods are not only those that contain the proper substances to eliminate toxins that overload the liver but also foods rich in fibre to regulate intestinal transit.
These include predominantly plants or elements low in fat, without refined sugars but rich in vitamins, mintereals antioxidants and fibre.
Detox plants and foods :
- Infusion teas: cherry stems, radish, meadowsweet, fennel, aniseed, licorice, artichoke, rosemary...)
- Green tea
- Vegetable proteins : tofu, seitan, konjac
- Fat free dairy products in small quantities
- Vegetables rich in fibre and/or have detoxifying properties such as: black radish, broccoli, fennel, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, artichoke...
- Condiments and herbs rich in antioxidants: ginger, turmeric, garlic, rosemary, onion, drops of lemon juice, goji berries, dill, basil, organic birch sap.