Thread: Exercise Buddy?

Hybrid View

Coached Member

Exercise Buddy?

Hi
    Today I started the NHS Couch to 5K running program. You download weekly training recordings which you play as you run 3 times a week. Does anyone (preferably over 100 kg like me ) want to join me on this challenge so we can motivate each other?
    Let me know....
    Beachy

Prospect
    where are u based ? im in west sussex

Coached Member
    I'm in the South of France but I thought we could virtual exercise buddy - the program takes nine weeks and you are supposed to do it 3 times a week. I'm just looking for a motivation partner who we can whinge and run virtually together.
    Wanna join me?

Coached Member
    Can I gate crash? I need a bit of motivation right now!

I used to run a few years ago (slowly I should add) but stopped after a back problem.

Have you started the programme yet? Have you got a target date?

Wendy

Coached Member
    Hiya Wendy
    Gatecrash away! I've done the first two runs of the first week and am going to try to do the third this afternoon. After I attack the week 2 program. I've downloaded it onto my MP3 player and you run as you listen. I've never been a runner but never too late to start eh? I suggest if you get going asap you can easily catch me up especially as I'm finding lugging my 102kg around quite demanding ))p)! Pant pant! Let me know when your up and running (as it were!)

Coached Member
    First run and I've already cheated (by accident).

Thought I'd start yesterday but mis-read the instructions and did 20 minutes including the warm up! Oops! Legs still stiff this morning though.

Hoping to get out on Wednesday and try again.

Thinking about aiming for the Edinburgh 5k in May.

How are you doing?

Wendy

Coached Member
    Yeah yeah - well done girl! There's a 5k in Edinburgh in May? - well I might fly over and join you if I'm not too skint! Did my first second week run today in the pouring rain and blustery wind - how's that for dedication for you? Can't get the breathing right in it at all and running heel toe felt weird but I'm keeping listening... Mind you I'm my own worst enemy as yesterday was lovely and sunny and I spent a good deal curled up under a blanket on the sofa. Get your running shoes on Wendy gal - its Wednesday!!!!
    Beachy

Coached Member
    Phew! Done run 1 of week 1 so have officially started! So feel good!

Went on the treadmill at the gym - would prefer to be outside but I need to get some new running gear. Am based just west of Edinburgh so weather is a big factor.

Will try for run 2 Saturday and maybe outside in the real world - I actually think it will be easier. I walk with friends Friday, hence the delay.

Andy - how are you getting on?

Wendy

Coached Member
    Well done Wendy! Proud of you! Did run two of week 2 today in blustery grey weather but a good few degrees warmer than Scotland I would think! Gonna do last of 3 runs this weekend. Let's check in again next week....wonder if we can get any others on board?