be my valentine
Be my lover
Serves 2 prep 15 min cooling time: 2 to 3 hours
• 1 lemon
• 2 l of water
• 1 lime sliced
• 25g grated ginger
• 2 tbsp of sweetener (according to taste)
Juice the lemon and add it to the water and sweetener. Add the grated ginger and the lime sliced. Add the preparation in a jug and put it in the fridge for at least two hours
Before servin, pour in a cocktail glass half the preparation with some fresh sparkling water and add a slice of lime to decorate.
Tip: you can add some other spices such as vanilla, cinnamon, cardamom.....
Forget me not
Serves 2 prep 20 min cook 15 minutes
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
• 1 shallot, finely chopped
• pinch dried chilli flakes
• 2 tbsp fish sauce
• juice 1 lime
• handful each coriander , mint and parsley leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
• 2 heads red chicory
• 1 red chilli, sliced, to serve
• A few pieces of grapefruit to decorate if you are on Consolidation phase
If you are on a PP day just remove the chicory and make a nice heart presentation with the chicken pieces
• Chop the chicken thighs into small pieces with a knife until they resemble coarse mince. Heat a wok over a high heat. When smoking hot, add the chicken and shallot. Stir constantly and cook for about 5 mins until the chicken is cooked but not browned. Then stir in 1 tsp water, the dried chilli and fish sauce. Cook for 2 mins more. Remove from the heat, squeeze over the lime juice and leave to cool. Can be made up to 1 day ahead.
• To serve, mix the herbs into the chicken mixture. Separate the chicory into individual leaves (you'll need about 10) and arrange on serving plates. Place 1-2 tbsp of the chicken mixture into each leaf and scatter over some extra chopped herbs and sliced fresh chillies.
Take my breath away
Serves 2 prep 10 min cook: 10 min
• 2 tsp olive oil
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 1 red chilli, seeds left in and finely chopped
• ½ tsp sweet paprika
• 12-20 large raw king prawns with shells
• juice 1 lemon, plus a few slices for a finger bowl
• ½ x small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
2 packs of shirataki noodles
On Cruise phase, you can add to this dish a carrot purée or any other vegetables you want such as broccolis....
Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the garlic, chilli and paprika, then fry for 1-2 mins until starting to turn golden. Turn up the heat, throw in the prawns and fry for a few mins, stirring, until all the prawns turn pink. Take off the heat, season and stir in the lemon juice and parsley.
Deglaze the pan with a bit of water and cook the shirataki noodles for a few minutes
Tip: before adding the shirataki noodles to the sauce, cook them in some boiling salty water for five minutes, they will be nicer
Serves 2 prep 15 cook 15 min
• 2 tbsp granulated sweetener , plus extra for dusting
• 4 medium egg whites
• A few drops of passion fruit flavouring (if you are on consolidation you can use the pulp of 2 passion fruits)
• 150ml Dukan custard
For the custard:
• 200ml skimmed milk
• 2 tbsp corn flour (tolerated)
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 tbsp of granulated sweetener
Heat the milk in a saucepan, when hot, add the corn flour mixed with a little bit of cold milk. Keep sting until the preparation is getting thicker. Then add the sweetener and the egg yolk. Stir well and let it cool.
• Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put a baking tray on the top shelf to heat up. dust 4 muffin silicon moulds heart shape with granulated sweetener to coat.
• Whisk the egg whites in a bowl until stiff. Add 1 tbsp of the sweetener and whisk for 30 secs more until thick and glossy. In a separate bowl, add the passion flavouring, the grated ginger and/or the vanilla according to taste to the custard, then fold in the whisked egg white. Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins and put on the hot baking tray. Bake for 15 mins until risen and golden on top.
• While the soufflés are cooking, make the chocolate sauce.
For the chocolate sauce:
• 100 ml skimmed milk
• 2 gr of agar agar
• 2 tsp of low fat sugar free cocoa powder (tolerated)
• Some granulated sweetener according to taste
Optional: you can add some cinnamon or some vanilla to the sauce
Heat the milk in a sauce pan with the cocoa powder and sweetener. When really hot, add the agar agar and stir well until it is thicker. If it’s not thicker enough add a bit more of agar agar.
When serving, put the soufflé on a plate and decorate with some chocolate sauce.