- Dukan coaching
- Dukan Diet 100 Safe Food List
- Dukan method
- Online coaching
- About Pierre Dukan
- Dukan news
- two years cupcakes
- This week's recipe
- Your Coaching tools
- Dukan Barbecue
- How to subscribe
- Go Crazy for Soup!
- Be my Valentine!
- Not Just for Rabbits!
- Dukan Picnic
- Dukan Jubilee Menu
- Spanish Menu
- Dukan Spicy menu
- Halloween menu
- Go Green!
- Dukan Christmas menu
- Happy Easter!
- 100% British 100% Dukan menu
- Spring is here!
Dukan Spicy Menu
DO YOU LIKE IT SPICY?
delicious hot Spicy Diet recipes all Dukan friendly! Spicing up your meal is good for health so go for it!
Lightly spiced carrot soup
Serves: 4 preparation time 10 mins cooking time 25 mins
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic,chopped
• A pinch of fresh ginger, grated
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
• 1 tsp mild curry powder , plus extra
• 1kg carrots , trimmed and sliced
• 2 lemon grass stalks, bashed
• 2 strips orange zest
• A few drops of coconut flavouring according to taste
• 700ml vegetable stock
1. Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid. Tip in the onion, garlic, ginger and chilli, then cook for 3-5 mins until soft. Stir in the curry powder, followed by the carrots, lemongrass and zest, then cover and cook over a low heat for 10 mins more.
2. then pour the coconut flavouring into the pan along with the vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 15 mins until the carrots are really soft. Remove the lemongrass and orange zest, then use a stick blender or food processor to whizz until smooth. Ladle into bowls and top with an extra sprinkling of curry powder, if you like.
Pumpkin, Goji berries and red onion tagine
Serves: 4 preparation time 20 minutes cooking: 25 minutes
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• 2 red onions, thickly sliced
• 3cm piece fresh ginger, grated
• 500g pumpkin or squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into large chunks
• 1 tsp each cinnamon, coriander, cumin and harissa paste
• 1 tsp of honey flavouring
• 700g bottle tomato passata
• 50g dried Goji berries
• 200g of Quorn mince
• 2 tsp vegetable stock granules
• zest and juice 1 lemon
• handful coriander , roughly chopped
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the onions until lightly coloured. Add ginger, pumpkin and spices, stir, then add honey flavouring, passata and Goji berries. Bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat, cover, then simmer for 20 mins until the pumpkin is tender.
3. Meanwhile, tip the Quorn, stock granules and lemon zest into a heatproof bowl. Pour over 300ml boiling water, stir briefly and cover with a plate. Leave for 5 mins. Tip in the lemon juice, and remaining tbsp oil and fluff up with a fork. Scatter the coriander over the tagine and serve with the Quorn.
Spicy mini meat balls
Serves: 4 preparation time: 15 mins cooking time 30 mins
• 1kg lean minced beef (5% fat)
• 1 tbsp of oat bran
• 1 tbsp of wheat bran
• 3 spring onions, trimmed and finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 2 eggs, , beaten
• 2 tsp ground cumin
• ½ tsp Tabasco sauce , optional
• handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
• 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
• Olive oil , for greasing
1. Mix together beef, brans, spring onions, garlic, eggs, cumin, Tabasco, coriander and some seasoning until combined. Be careful not to over-mix or the meat balls will be tough.
2. Divide the mixture into 12. Use your hands to shape each one into a small oval, like a mini meat ball. Arrange 3 cherry tomatoes on top of each,. Cook or freeze in airtight plastic containers.
3. To cook, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the meat balls on a lightly greased, shallow baking tray and bake for 25-30 mins until the meat is cooked through.
Serves 3 cooking time: 10 minutes let it cool for 2 hours before serving
For the flan
o 2 gr of agar agar
o 40 cl skimmed milk
o 35 g corn starch
o 80 g sweetener (according to taste)
o 1 tbsp of orange blossom water
o 1 drop of pistachio flavouring
For the Syrup
o 2 tbsp of water
o 1 tbsp of rose water
o 3 tbsp of sweetner
o 1 tsp of red food colouring
o 1 g of agar agar
Mix corn starch, agar agar with cold skimmed milk and add the sweetener.
Add this preparation in a sauce pan and heat it for 5 minutes until it gets thicker.
Remove from the heat and add orange blossoming water and flavouring. Pour in little ramequins
Leave it in the fridge for two hours.