- Dukan coaching
- Dukan Diet 100 Safe Food List
- Dukan method
- Online coaching
- About Pierre Dukan
- Dukan news
- two years cupcakes
- This week's recipe
- Your Coaching tools
- Dukan Barbecue
- How to subscribe
- Go Crazy for Soup!
- Be my Valentine!
- Not Just for Rabbits!
- Dukan Picnic
- Dukan Jubilee Menu
- Spanish Menu
- Dukan Spicy menu
- Halloween menu
- Go Green!
- Dukan Christmas menu
- Happy Easter!
- 100% British 100% Dukan menu
- Spring is here!
- Fancy some ice cream?
Dukan Spanish Menu
Spanish dishes all Dukan Friendly ! Gazpachos, tortillas bring the taste of Spain to your plate! Try these easy Dukan Diet recipes for lovers of Spanish food!
All of these Dukan recipes are for more or less 6 persons and are for Cruise Phase.
Spiced Dukan Tortilla
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 onion , sliced
• 1 red chilli , deseeded and shredded
• 2 tsp curry spices
• 300g cherry tomatoes
• bunch coriander , stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly chopped
• 8 eggs, beaten
Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Fry the onion and half the chilli for 5 mins until softened. Tip in the spices, fry for 1 min more, then add the cherry tomatoes, and coriander stalks to the pan. Season the eggs well, pour over the top of the vegetables and leave to cook gently for 8-10 mins until almost set.
Heat the grill and flash the tortilla underneath for 1-2 mins until the top is set. Scatter the coriander leaves and remaining chilli over the top, slice into wedges and serve with a green salad.
Dukan Spanish Chicken
• 8 chicken thighs, ,
• 3 onions, thinly sliced
• 2 tsp paprika
• zest and juice 1 lemon
• good handful parsley, roughly chopped
• 150ml low fat chicken stock
• 1 tbsp olive oil
Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Put all the ingredients into a large, ovenproof dish. Mix everything together with your hands and season.
Bake for 45 mins, stirring the onions after 20 mins, until the chicken is golden and the onions tender.
You can serve this dish with some Shirataki noodles.
Dukan bread with Spanish Ham
• 4 ripe tomatoes, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 3 tbsp olive oil
• Salt pepper
• 10 slices of Dukan bread
• 5-6 slices lean Serrano ham (tolerated)
Mix together the chopped tomatoes, garlic glove, olive oil, salt and pepper. Keep in the fridge until needed.
To serve, toast 10 slices of baguette. Spoon a little tomato topping on to each piece of toast. Tear 5-6 slices of Serrano Ham into pieces and put one piece on each slice of bread.
Dukan Quick Gazpacho
• 250g of Dukan Friendly passata (tomato sauce with garlic, onion and a bit of olive oil)
• 1 pepper, deseeded and chopped
• 1 red chilli , deseeded and chopped
• 1 garlic, crushed
• 1 tsp sherry vinegar
• juice ½ lime
In a blender (or with a stick blender), whizz together the passata, red pepper, chilli, garlic, sherry vinegar and lime juice until smooth. Season to taste, then serve with ice cubes.
Prawns with Dukan Romesco sauce
• 1 pepper, preferably the Romano variety
• 3 fat garlic cloves
• 1 fat, fresh red chilli
• 1 large ripe tomato
• 5 drops of hazelnut flavouring
• 5 drops of almond flavouring
• 3 sprigs parsley
• 1 small slice of Dukan bread
• 4 tbsp of olive oil
• 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 400g pack large, cooked, peeled tiger prawns (defrosted if frozen)
• Prepare ahead - halve the pepper lengthways and remove the seeds and stalk. Line a grill pan with foil and put the pepper halves, skin side up, on the grill pan with the whole garlic cloves, chilli and tomato. Grill for 2 minutes, turn the tomato, then grill for a further 2 minutes. Remove the tomato with a large spoon, then peel, quarter and remove the seeds. Then chop the tomato roughly.
• Continue grilling the pepper, chilli and garlic for 4-5 minutes, until the pepper and chilli skins have blackened and the garlic is starting to soften (the garlic skin will start to split when it is ready). When cool enough to handle, peel and halve the chilli, and scrape out and discard the seeds. Peel the pepper and roughly chop both the pepper and chilli. Add the two flavourings
• Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan, add the pepper, garlic and chilli and fry for 3 minutes. Tear up the bread and add to the pan, turning it in the oil until lightly browned. Pulse in food processor with the tomatoes, salt, vinegar and oil until roughly chopped. Tip into a bowl. Leave to cool
• Serve in a small bowl on a plate with the peeled prawns. Add some chopped parsley on the top
• 300g baby squid, cleaned
• 200g corn flour (tolerated)
• 2 tbsp capers finely chopped
• 1 garlic, crushed
• 5 tbsp of Dukan mayonnaise
• Olive oil for frying
• Lemon wedges to serve wedges, to serve
• Cut the squid into rings about ½cm thick. Tip the corn flour into a freezer bag and season well. Add the capers, then give everything a good shake to mix together. Tip the squid into the bag, then shake again until all the rings are well coated. Mix together the garlic and mayonnaise, then place in a serving bowl.
• Pour some oil into a large pan and heat.
• Remove a handful of squid from the flour and shake off any excess. Gently drop into the oil, then cook for about 3 mins until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on kitchen paper. Repeat with the remaining squid. Serve straight away with the mayonnaise and lemon wedges.
Dukan Catalan Cream
• 6 egg yolks
• 3/4 litre skimmed milk
• 3 tbsp of granulated sweetener
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 piece of lemon peel
• 3 tbsp corn flour (tolerated)
• Beat the egg yolks until light then whisk in 150g of the sugar
• Place the milk in a saucepan together with the cinnamon and lemon peel - bring to the boil and then remove from the heat and strain.
• Whisk the milk with the egg mixture
• Dissolve the cornflour with a little milk and whisk into the mixture
• Place the mixture over a low heat and cook, stirring constantly until it begins to boil
• Put the custard into a pudding bowl or smaller individual bowls and allow to cool before placing in the fridge
• Before serving, sprinkle a bit of granulated sweetener on the top and caramelize it by placing under a hot grill briefly until turns brown
Dukan Cinnamon ice cream
• 1/4 litre skimmed milk
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1 large piece of lemon peel
• 5 tbsp of granulated sweetener
• 8 egg yolks
• pinch of salt
• 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
• 1/2 litre low fat sour cream
Put the milk, cinnamon stick, lemon peel and sweetener in a pan
2. Bring everything to the boil slowly then lower the heat and cook for a further 15 mins
3. Beat the egg yolks with the pinch of salt until they become thick then place in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water and cook unitl they thicken a bit more
4. Whisk the milk (remove the cinnamon stick and lemon peel first) with the egg yolks and continue cooking in the glass bowl over the pan of boiling water until the mixture becomes thick enough to stick to a spoon
5. Remove from the heat and continue whisking until the mixture cools down then mix in the cream and place in the freezer once it´s cool enough - remove from the freezer when it has just frozen and beat in a blender and return to the freezer
From Cruise phase onwards
Serves 1 person
A sprig of mint
1 teaspoon of powdered sweetener
1 cup sugar-free lemonade
A few drops of Dukan white rum flavouring
In a glass, mix together a sprig of mint, a teaspoon of powdered sweetener, and a squeeze of lemon. Use a spoon to mix all the ingredients together, then add a couple of ice cubes and top the glass up with sugar-free lemonade. Finally, add a splash of Dukan Diet white rum flavouring. Enjoy