- The community
- Oat Bran
- The Dukan Cruise
- Get in Shape in Sardinia!
- Enjoy an Indian Summer in Agadir
- The Complete Dukan Diet Cookbook
- The Oat Bran Miracle
- the Dukan Diet Desserts and patisseries book
- Frequently asked questions
- VID of the week
- Slimming secret
- Send us your story
- The Dukan Diet and Holland and Barrett
- December Newsletter
- IFOP Study
- May newsletter
VID of the week
What it’s like to have lost 8 stone and 4 pounds
I'm called Chris. After dozens of diets with their damaging yo-yo effects and after being pregnant, I had reached 18 stone 12 lbs and at 5 foot 9, my BMI was 38.9. I was seriously obese...
My Dukan story...
Discovering it was a dreadful shock. The decisive moment, what made me lose weight, was looking into the future, seeing a vision of horror and feeling so awful I just can't describe it.
At the time I was pregnant with my son and surfing on a discussion forum that dealt with obesity, I came across what a mother had written who was totally desperate. This mother spoke about how her eight year old son did not want her to come and wait for him outside the school any more as his friends were making fun of her because she was obese. This poor woman was literally pouring out her despair into what she wrote.
I looked at myself there and then and said to myself that this mother could be me. And what if one day my son was ashamed of me? And what if one day, he didn't want me to take him to school or pick him up because his friends were making fun of me? Never, never, never, I couldn't bear it if my son were to hide me away, feel ashamed or guilty about being my child and blame me for how I am was. NEVER!
It was the day after reading this terrible story that I took the decision to lose weight once and for all and I vowed to myself that I really would do it ... for him.
I found out about the DUKAN diet on the internet, by looking on obesity discussion forums. Following the forum users' suggestions, I ordered "The Dukan Diet".
When I received it I still didn't realize that this little book was going to change my life. The more I read, the more I felt certain that the Dukan method was made for me. I started off my diet with an attack phase. After two months of dieting I had lost over 3 stone. My weight loss has been astonishing. With results like this I was totally motivated. Using the internet, I quickly set about trying out different recipes, new seasonings, combining spices and flavours. I never ever grew weary of it. I was no longer worried about organizing meals at home or afraid to go friends' parties. It was terribly easy to follow.
By doing all this, I have lost 8 stone 4 lbs in almost 12 months, without ever going off the rails or even using any "tolerated" products. At 5 foot 9, I now weigh 10 stone 8 lbs.
Of course, it hasn't been easy every single day, but with a little determination and the unwavering support of your nearest and dearest and the forums, your motivation very quickly returns.
I've started stabilizing my weight and today, I have begun my fourth year of stabilization/ consolidation. I'm a totally transformed person. I have become a very active sportswoman, I enjoy going clothes shopping and most of all I no longer have any worries about my health.
- My favorite support Dukan food: Dukan vanilla pancake
- My Dukan treat: chicken curry
- My favourite form of exercise: swimming and biking
- The nicest compliment I've been paid: my son, aged 2, said to me "mommy you're beautiful"
- What keeps me going: the amazing results, support from my family and friends and the Dukan community from the forum, being able to eat as much as I want of the foods that are allowed
- The advice I'd give to others "Dukanians": tell everyone close to you that you are dieting; enjoy variety by trying out all the Dukan recipes and never lose heart