- The community
- Oat Bran
- The Dukan Cruise
- Get in Shape in Sardinia!
- Enjoy an Indian Summer in Agadir
- The Complete Dukan Diet Cookbook
- The Oat Bran Miracle
- the Dukan Diet Desserts and patisseries book
- Frequently asked questions
- VID of the week
- Slimming secret
- Send us your story
- The Dukan Diet and Holland and Barrett
- December Newsletter
- IFOP Study
- May newsletter
VID of the week
The moment I realized how big I had become I started the Dukan diet!
I'm called Angelique and after being pregnant twice after 5 months of dieting I went down from 12 stone 12 lbs to 9 stone 3 lbs, thanks to the Dukan method!
My Dukan story...
After my second pregnancy I just couldn't keep the weight off and one day I woke up and realized that I was wearing a size 18/20, that I weighed 12 stone 12 lbs although I was only just over 5 foot 3 inches and that my BMI was 31.52 which meant I was classified as obese.
That really was the moment that changed everything for me, the DECISIVE MOMENT! I woke up to what was happening, whatever it took I just had to do something that worked and worked permanently to take care of my body and my health...
Now with hindsight, I would say that someone embarking on a diet is like a person who decides to stop smoking or drinking, until you've had this decisive moment that makes you want to change, you can try everything but nothing is going to work.
I found out about the Dukan diet on the Internet and by reading what people said about it, I told myself that this method might suit me down to the ground. I very quickly realized that it was easy to follow and that I was actually enjoying cooking and even creating my own recipes.
After a few days I moved into the cruise phase and in the first month I lost almost 16 pounds without feeling weary or tired, the results were spectacular and that is what motivated me to keep going.
At parties or if I was invited out, I have been able to eat more or less like everyone else (smoked salmon, sea food, prawns, grilled meats, salads...). Throughout all my attack and cruise phases, I didn't eat anything I wasn't supposed to and I honestly believe that is one of the keys to this diet's success. The programme is very well designed, the more proteins you eat, the more weight you lose and the more motivated you feel to keep going.
So that I could share my experience,
I joined a discussion forum, just being able to talk every day about you are eating, how you feel and how you are losing weight... this helped strengthen my motivation.
There are times of course, when your weight doesn't seem to move at all, there are even times when although you've been eating carefully a pound or two does go back on... but it just means it'll come off more quickly afterwards.
After two weeks of consolidation which makes 5 months of dieting in total, I now weigh 9 stone 3 lbs, so I've lost 3 stone and 9 pounds and my BMI is 22.72 which is within my range, I wear a size 10 and my measurements are once again completely normal.
Thanks to the Dukan method, I have regained my self confidence, I have rediscovered my joie de vivre and my energy, and I can enjoy looking round clothes shops and getting dressed up.
Physically, I don't have back ache any more, I don't get out of breath and I am much less tired...
- My favorite support Dukan food: Sea food
- My Dukan treat: Osso Bucco
- My favourite form of exercise: The step machine
- The nicest compliment I've been paid: My sweetheart who tells me I am beautiful every day
- What keeps me going: The rapid results, the compliments people make, the fact that I feel better about my body and calm and happy in my mind and that there are two of you doing the diet together.
- The advice I'd give to others "Dukanians": Going on a diet isn't something that you can start without giving it serious consideration. You have to vary what you eat as much as possible and try out new recipes so that you don't get into a rut and give in to your cravings. Tell everyone that you mix with that you are on a diet, even if it means taking along your own meal when you are invited out. Day to day advice would be not to wait to feel hungry before you eat, as this will stop temptation putting you to the test. Always have plenty of the protein foods you are allowed to eat in your fridge and you will get into the routine without any problem.