- The community
- Oat Bran
- The Dukan Cruise
- Get in Shape in Sardinia!
- Enjoy an Indian Summer in Agadir
- The Complete Dukan Diet Cookbook
- The Oat Bran Miracle
- the Dukan Diet Desserts and patisseries book
- Frequently asked questions
- VID of the week
- Slimming secret
- Send us your story
- The Dukan Diet and Holland and Barrett
- December Newsletter
- IFOP Study
- May newsletter
VID of the week
I have learnt how to eat healthily
My name is Danièle and I tried one diet after another until one day I browsed through the book by Pierre Dukan, the nutritionist...
My Dukan story...
And then one day when I was in a bookshop, waiting for my train to go back home, I started looking through "The Dukan Diet"; I bought it and read it and a few days later “head down I went for it, all the while forgetting a few of the “Dukan method’s fundamental rules” such as walking and eating oat bran. In short, I hadn’t understood the method at all. After losing a few pounds I “relapsed”.
• My favourite support Dukan food: "agar-agar”, it isn’t a diet product but in my everyday cooking it is a valuable slimming aid. It provides me with “ammunition” to stop me getting ravenous; how? It’s quite simple just add a little “agar-agar” to a hot drink (for example coffee or tea)
• My Dukan treat: My oat bran galettes that I make every morning to start the day off right; eating these golden, round, crunchy galettes is a real treat
• My favourite form of exercise: Jogging
• The best compliment someone has paid me: The compliments and looks I get from my friends and family
• What keeps me going: The “coaching” we are offered provides very useful support; when your weight is stagnating and the scales get stuck and won’t budge... no need to panic, no need to get all worked up! That is precisely what you mustn’t do. The coaching is there to reassure, encourage and put things into perspective and what’s more this is not some impersonal contact, the coach really talks to you as an individual!
• The advice I would give to other Dukanians: Whatever you do, only start this diet if you have understood the method and taken it in properly and if you are totally and one hundred percent determined to succeed; for this diet your mental attitude is the main thing. If this isn’t where you are at the moment then just walk away now
The result was that 5 months later, I had lost just under 4 stone.