- The community
- Oat Bran
- The Dukan Cruise
- Get in Shape in Sardinia!
- Enjoy an Indian Summer in Agadir
- The Complete Dukan Diet Cookbook
- The Oat Bran Miracle
- the Dukan Diet Desserts and patisseries book
- Frequently asked questions
- VID of the week
- Slimming secret
- Send us your story
- The Dukan Diet and Holland and Barrett
- December Newsletter
- IFOP Study
- May newsletter
VID of the week
Now I can walk with my head held high!
My name is Lucy and I’m 24.
My Dukan story...
So I went searching for a diet that would suit me, that had been tried and tested and that would guarantee me a “rapid” loss without too many restrictions.
I was on the verge of depression and not feeling at all hopeful when I came across the Dukan method, after looking up information about diets on the Internet, reading various discussion forums and people’s personal accounts and watching the media and videos.
• My favourite support Dukan food: fizzy drinks, creamy desserts and the quick fromage frais gâteau
• My Dukan treat: stuffed quail and the salmon and cucumber "mille-feuille"
• My favourite form of exercise: Walking and climbing the stairs
• The best compliment someone has paid me: there have been so many but I think I’d choose what my parents said: My dad: “I have a beautiful daughter, what you have achieved is remarkable, I love you and I am so proud of you!” My mum: “You have totally transformed yourself; you’re my greatest pride and joy”. My mum has just read what I have written here and she emailed me this “reading what you’ve written has really moved me... you are so beautiful now ... I can’t find the words to say how much I love you! Mum”
• What keeps me going:losing my 4 stone and 10 pounds, my friends’ and family’s pride when they look at me, as well as the way my boyfriend now looks at me ever more lovingly and with a cheeky twinkle!
• The advice I would give to other Dukanians:it’s really worth trying this diet, follow Pierre Dukan’s instructions and you’ll succeed! This diet is life changing!
My first day of dieting went as well as it could, since I love meat I had my full share! After this first day, it was time for the verdict: I had lost a couple of pounds! I didn’t dare believe it so I weighed myself three times but the scales were right! Feeling really happy, I kept going, more motivated than ever! The days went by and by the end of my attack phase I had lost almost 9 pounds!