- The community
- Oat Bran
- The Dukan Cruise
- Get in Shape in Sardinia!
- Enjoy an Indian Summer in Agadir
- The Complete Dukan Diet Cookbook
- The Oat Bran Miracle
- the Dukan Diet Desserts and patisseries book
- Frequently asked questions
- VID of the week
- Slimming secret
- Send us your story
- The Dukan Diet and Holland and Barrett
- December Newsletter
- IFOP Study
- May newsletter
VID of the week
I feel on top of the world!
My name is Peter, I turned 68 last October and the Dukan Diet has got my life back on track. I feel on top of the world.
When I was married at 21 years old I was 73kg. As the years went on I gradually put on weight. When I turned 40 I tried a few different diets but came back to my old weight plus a bit more. The time I got to 60 I was on blood pressure tables and found it hard to actively play with the grandchildren. I loved walking and camping but found I was always getting out of breath. I had another go at going on a diet and joined Weight Watchers. I went from 122kg to 117kg in 5 months then lost interest in it.
• My favourite support Dukan food: Marengo Chicken
• My Dukan treat: Too many to mention
• My favourite form of exercise: Walking with my dog Monty
• The best compliment someone has paid me: People never stop saying how well I look
• What keeps me going: I can't remember feeling so well and I don't want to lost it
• The advice I would give to other Dukanians: Don't give up!
|Last August I ran into my nephew at a party. He was always a bit chubby but he looked great. I asked him what he was doing. He said he was on “The Dukan Diet”. He told me he bought the book and was following it as well as he could. My wife bought the book on the way for a 2 weeks holiday and I started to read it in the plane.|
The next morning I woke up and told her it now or never and that I was going to start the diet. I made up a shopping list from the book and commenced the Dukan Diet that day, the 19th August 2010. I had weighed myself at home just before we left and I was 128kg. I strictly stuck to the Attack Phase for 8 days walking about 1 to 2 hours along the beach every day.
When we arrived home I couldn’t wait to get onto my computer to find out more about this “Diet”. After I did my calculations I was told that my goal weight should 95.4kg on the 24th March 2011. I weighed up very quickly the cost for my programme would be easily covered by the saving of not drinking alcohol. I signed up on the 3rd September 2010 weighing 123kg.
Today, the 13th February I am 95.7kg.
If you truly want to lose weight and live a healthier life there is no other diet except the Dukan Diet which teaches you how to eat properly at the same time trains your mind.