- The community
- Oat Bran
- The Dukan Cruise
- Get in Shape in Sardinia!
- Enjoy an Indian Summer in Agadir
- The Complete Dukan Diet Cookbook
- The Oat Bran Miracle
- the Dukan Diet Desserts and patisseries book
- Frequently asked questions
- VID of the week
- Slimming secret
- Send us your story
- The Dukan Diet and Holland and Barrett
- December Newsletter
- IFOP Study
- May newsletter
VID of the week
This diet is really easy to follow because it offers a great support structure!
I'm called Dani, alias Akote on the forum, I'm 58 and I've just got back to the figure I had as a young girl...
My Dukan story...
It was my holiday photos that showed me what I really looked like and it wasn't some mermaid at the water's edge but rather a whale beached on the sand!!!
I had to do something quickly and really quickly. I first found out about Pierre Dukan's book through a friend, whose brother had lost 1 ½ stone on the diet. Whilst trying to find out more about it on the net, I came across the personalized coaching web site and I immediately signed up.
So I started on May 8th weighing 9 stone 3 lbs - I am 5 foot 2 inches tall.
The attack phase got me to lose 4 ½ lbs and already my clothes no longer felt tight. During the cruise phase I shed another 13 lbs and I managed to get into jeans again that were over 10 years old!
After the consolidation phase, when the diet broadens out, I am now in the permanent stabilization phase with its protein Thursdays that protect you.
This diet is really easy to follow because it offers a great support structure and every day you get 18 different meal suggestions, (great for those women who never know what to cook and I'm one of them!).
I taken to drinking lemon flavoured water and I drink 1 litre and a half litres a day, but most importantly, I am much more active. Tap dancing, horse riding, swimming a thousand metres twice a week, walking my dog morning and evening, as well as my exercises I watch on video as often as I can in my slimming apartment.
- My favorite support Dukan food: chicken with coconut and sweet peppers!
- My Dukan treat: My ritual morning crêpe and dessert with oat bran and cinnamon.
- My favourite form of exercise: Tap-dancing.
- The nicest compliment I've been paid: From "the man of my life" who thinks I have got a "young girl's" waistline and then my girlfriend who hadn't seen me for 6 months and thought I was "gorgeous."
- What keeps me going: My weight curve and having to keep going to the dressmaker to get my clothes taken in as they are too baggy.
- The advice I'd give to others "Dukanians": You have made the right choice by going for the very best method, only you need do is let yourself be guided and shed your pounds as the days go by.