- The community
- Oat Bran
- The Dukan Cruise
- Get in Shape in Sardinia!
- Enjoy an Indian Summer in Agadir
- The Complete Dukan Diet Cookbook
- The Oat Bran Miracle
- the Dukan Diet Desserts and patisseries book
- Frequently asked questions
- VID of the week
- Slimming secret
- Send us your story
- The Dukan Diet and Holland and Barrett
- December Newsletter
- IFOP Study
- May newsletter
VID of the week
Unbelievable but TRUE!
I'm called Cynthia; I'm 28 years old and 5 foot 3 inches tall. After giving birth I weighed 14 stone 13lb. Without realizing it, little by little I had put on almost 4 stone...
My Dukan story...
After the birth, I thought I'd lose my extra pounds quickly but unfortunately it didn't turn out like that. By then I weighed 13 stone 10lb.
I signed up at a gym to get my figure back again but I wasn't eating a proper balanced diet (too much fast-food, sweetened soft drinks, chocolate, etc...).
So I wasn't managing to budge the slightest ounce. It was beginning to get me down psychologically in so far as I couldn't put up with myself physically any longer as I found myself repulsive.
I even went as far as taking it out on my husband using as an excuse that he was going to leave me because I was obese.
I went on the "cabbage soup" diet which got me to lose 1 stone 6lb but then a few days after I had finished this tiring diet that was hardly nourishing I found I had already put 4½ lb back on (I was scared of regaining even more as I had already tried some diets and I always ended up just yo-yoing).
I was beginning to feel desperate as I couldn't find any solution that could satisfy my need to lose weight once and for all. My "personal coach", aka my husband, has been supporting me since the outset and he searched on the Internet to find a diet that was safe and works.
One day he told me about one of his colleagues at work who was following a diet (the DUKAN method's diet) which really did work as this friend had lost almost 5 ½ stone in 5 months!
At the start I didn't believe it because it just seemed such a crazy amount to lose and then one day this friend came to our house and there I had living proof that the Dukan diet really does work properly.
So I started Pierre Dukan's method weighing 12 stone 8lb. Gradually, as I got into this diet I started to love my bathroom scales because now I weigh 10 stone 3lb. I wasn't frightened to eat as I had lots of choice.
I still haven't got down to the weight I set as my target (9 stone 2lb), but I am ready to keep going at least until I reach my true weight which was calculated to be 9 stone 12lb.
Since starting the diet I am much happier in my body, I see myself differently in the mirror. I have even changed my wardrobe since I have gone down from a size 16-18 to a size 10-12!
I'd like to thank Pierre Dukan for having shown me how to do it and for guiding throughout my journey, helping me avoid the many traps; I could feel him there in each word and line that I read in my instructions every day.
They gave lots of encouragement, as if he were standing right next to me; even though I realize it's not all over yet because I have still got to do my consolidation and permanent stabilization phases.
- My favorite support Dukan food: diet Coke and fat-free yoghurts.
- My Dukan treat: tandoori chicken
- My favourite form of exercise: gym twice a week (1 hour cardio exercises, 1hour body building, 20 minutes abdominal exercises).
- The nicest compliment I've been paid: from my close friends "you look more radiant", from my family "I don't recognize you any more, you've changed into a different person overnight" and at the gym "how did you manage to lose so much"...
- What keeps me going: my husband and my reflection in the mirror.
- The advice I'd give to others "Dukanians": good luck to all the other Dukanians, just hang on in there you can do it.